We get numerous tickets regarding leads not getting captured from Facebook Lead ads.
The following are the steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
- First, check if the connector is installed and the page mapping and form mapping are properly done.
- Also check if the correct admin account is connected for the connector and all the required permissions are given.
- Now, to check lead capture, go to https://developers.facebook.com/ -> More -> Tools -> Lead Ads RTU Debug Tool.
- Make sure the user is logged in via the correct lead ads account.
- Select the Page and the form and then Click on "Delete" to delete any previously submitted lead.
- Click on "Preview Form" ( Not Create), enter the details required and submit.
- Click on "Track status".
This will give you the status of the request with a response message.
this message contains the error that is being faced.
- In case it shows a success message (Code 200), go check if the lead was captured on LeadSquared.
- The Error 699 is Facebook's internal error and has nothing to do with Lead Capture. It can be ignored.
- Collect the error code and report it to the tech team for Facebook lead ads.